Our Aims and Principles
- To support and promote the values held by Aneurin Bevan, founder of Britain’s National Health Service and one of the Labour movement’s greatest orators and thinkers;
- To put forward, from time to time, appropriate proposals to Labour governments;
- To hold annual Memorial Lectures;
- To promote through this website, the life and work of Bevan, including archive recordings and some of Bevan’s greatest oratory;
- To promote democratic socialism throughout the Labour movement and to work with constituency Labour parties and the trade unions in pursuance of this policy, in explaining and publicising the contemporary relevance of the political philosophy of Aneurin Bevan; and,
- To assist campaigners in their fight to defend the NHS against current Government policies to damage the Health Service by privatisation and inadequate budgets.